Thursday, September 1, 2016

Touchstones

I've joined a new art challenge, via a course I've signed on for. The online course is called Touchstone, and run by Tara Leaver. From what I can gather, it's about drawing you closer to your identity as an artist.

There is a free 7 day mini-painting challenge, for anyone to join in. You're meant to do a small picture, with materials and subject matter you are drawn to, but most importantly, is easy! The idea is you turn out work for the 7 days, which you CAN do. I like that idea, with a toddler to entertain for most of the day!

So here is what I did after day 1:


 Title: Tipping point of balance


It started with an Inktense pencil sketch, but then I wanted to add some acrylic paint over the top, to soften the lines.

For some bizarre reason, I've been intimidated by mixing media before, but now I like it, because I realise the freedom it gives. I can go over stuff and make them different.

I didn't realise it at the time, but I chose a stack of stones to do for the 7 day mini-painting challenge, inspired by the "Touchstone" art course. In fact, I had done some preliminary sketches long before Tara Leaver mentioned the course. So it's kinda weird it popped up as a first piece, without me realising, until I finished it today.


2 comments:

  1. Will watch with interest. No time for artwork at the moment (sigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling about juggling time. Thankfully its a small challenge and completely optional, so if I miss a day, it won't be the end of the world. But I hope I can manage the seven days anyway.

    Thanks for stopping in. :)

    ReplyDelete