Monday, August 3, 2015

Single Owl

I have really missed this space, while I've been busy with life. It's often been in the back of my mind. So I was happy to take some time away today, and tinker a little more with my charcoal pencil set.


Ready to fly


I took one of the owls I drew in my former black charcoal sketch, and spent some time, giving it some more recognisable features.

There were lots of fantastic pictures I found on the internet, of this particular owl, but I didn't want to copy any of them directly. So I took different features from different images, to create my own stance. It probably makes it look more unnatural this way, but its my creative process, and I want to do different things.

I tend to be a realist when I create, and I want to take steps away from that hard format, to be a little more fluid with my creativity. It's the only way I'm going to develop a style which is uniquely my own.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I have a thing about owls. I haven't found time to do any more drawing, but I want to get back to quilling and have joined Pinterest to get some ideas for projects. I've found 2 boards that concentrate solely on owls. Lots of eye candy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that should be fun. All that paper curling! I'd love to see some owls you've quilled, at a later date. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete